You love your dog, but that doesn’t represent you to trust him. From jumping on couches to scuffing up floors and pasting plates clean, it’s hard to remain pets under control. But, in the dead of winter, summer, or a rainstorm, it’s not sensible to send your pup outside to play. With an indoor playpen, your dog has space to roam, have fun, eat, and sleep (and for those times when you require a crate, check out our reviews of the best small dog coops and the best large dog crates.)The best dog Playpens and puppy indoor playpens are adaptable, offering attachments, removable doors, and lightweight, tough materials.
We reviewed dozens of dog and puppy indoor playpens to recognize the best of the best. From feature to portability, size, and cost, these trusted, top-notch playpens will help you keep your sanity and remain your puppy happy.
- 1.MidWest Homes for Pets Foldable Metal Exercise Pen / Pet Playpen
- 2.BestPet Metal Wire Playpen
- 3.IRIS 24” 4-Panel Pet Playpen
- 4.BestPet Heavy Duty Playpen
- 5.Unleashed Pets Portable Foldable Pet Playpen
- 6.Richell Convertible Pet Playpen
- 7.Pet Trex 8-Panel Pen
- 8.EliteField Two-Door Soft Playpen
- 9.BestPet Playpen
- 10.IRIS USA, Inc. Playpen
- Who should purchase a Dog and Puppy Indoor Playpen Dog
- Frequently Asked Questions
Obtainable in five configurations, the MidWest Homes for Pets Foldable Metal Exercise Pen /Pet Playpen proffers a variety of sizes for dog breeds from 26 to 40 pounds. Its lightweight metal creates the playpen simple to move around, set up, and tear down. Buyers love the playpen for its versatility, using it as a porch to a dog crate, a small fence, or an area for a puppy for run and play.
With a soft coating over the metal structure, the MidWest Homes playpen is secure for indoor or outdoor use and won’t scuff up floors or furniture. Previous buyers suggest purchasing the AmazonBasics Single Door Crate to join to this playpen when the dog is home alone.
- Ground anchors for outdoor apply
- Available in multiple sizes (24? – 48? Tall, 16 square feet)
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Simple setup
The BestPet Metal Wire Playpen stands at a perfect height and is both sturdy and secure for small to large dogs and puppies. At just $30, it’s not a budget-breaker, and it’s simple to set up and take down – meaning it’s convenient if you require to take it along to the beach, the park, or even a friend’s or family member’s home for the day. Coated with an ultra-durable coating to decrease rusting, the BestPet Metal Wire Playpen is meant to last.
Each panel is 24? Wide by 30? High and it can be combined with extra playpens to make a larger play space for your dog – a big selling point if you have multiple dogs that require a spacious play area. It’s sturdy enough that you don’t require to worry about your pup breaking free, but simple to tear down for portability.
- Simple assembly
- Connect multiple playpens to make space larger
- Multiple configurations
- Simple attachable to a dog crate
- Folds flat for storage and travel
- Obtainable in black, blue, pink, and zinc
Use IRIS 24? 4-Panel Pet Playpen to train your fresh puppy, or purchase add-ons to make a spacious exercise pen for your full-grown dog. by rubber stoppers at the bottom of the panels, the IRIS playpen won’t slide around when your puppy is playing, and the door gives safety latches so your dog will stay confined and safe inside as long as you need.
Available in shades of blue, pink, gray, and white, choose the indoor playpen that complements your house. When your puppy outgrows the playpen, or it’s time to move, the panels fold flat for simple storage.
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Add-ons available
- Tough plastic
- Available in different colors
- Made in the US
This customizable, simple-to-assemble indoor playpen can serve as a space for use or a gate for your dog. The BestPet Heavy Duty Playpen is a must-have product for the latest puppy and can be configured or expanded to fit the requirements of a larger dog.
When you’re not around to supervise your dog, the weighty-duty playpen ensures your puppy is secure and confined. With room for food and water bowls, as fine as potty-pads, the BestPet Heavy Duty Playpen is worth the investment and will create the lives of dog owners a bit less chaotic.
- Roomy, room for more than one pet
- Multiple configurations
- Simple assembly and tear-down
- Durable metal panels
The Unleashed Pets Portable Foldable Pet Playpen is obtainable in medium and large sizes, including all the essentials you require to pick up and go anywhere with your dog. With mesh sides, your dog will be secure and noticeable in any climate, whether you’re spending the day at a park, traveling in a car, or completing chores at house.
The playpen is made of FDA grade silicone, so it is secure for all pets.
- Includes collapsible travel bowl
- contains carrying case
- Folds flat
- arrives with flooring and roof
- For both indoor or outdoor use
- No set-up need
Richell’s Convertible Pet Playpen takes our figure one spot for its versatility, durability, easy, wood-like design and excellent customer rating.
This pen is three pet products in one. You can use it as a hexagonal or square pen, freestanding gate or room divider—just fold the panels to create the shape and function you want. Obtainable in four- and six-panel choices, you can customize this pen to your home and your pet’s needs. Pro tip: Some reviewers suggest buying two and linking them together to create an extra-large pen. The manufacturer suggests this pen for dogs 88 pounds and under, thus if you have a larger pooch you may want to consider picking up two units.
Although this pick looks like a wooden pen, it’s made from durable, water-resistant plastic, thus it can be used both indoors and outdoors. And if it gets dirty, just hose it down for a quick clean-up.
If you’re in search of a basic, no-frills pen to keep your dog relegated to one mark in the yard or house, this eight-panel pen from Pet Trex should do the trick—and you don’t have to waste a ton of cash.
Although the design is easy, this pen can be set up in multiple ways—as an octagon, square or rectangle – and arrives with ground anchors and corner stabilizers for extra support and toughness. Composed with heavy gauge wire finished with an electro-coat finish, this pen won’t corrosion when exposed to the elements—or bend if your dog efforts to scale the sides.
Each of the eight panels measures 24” x 24”, therefore if you have a larger dog, you may want to think about buying two units and linking them together. Our favorite quality? You can build this pen (or link multiple pens together) without a solo tool!
If you often travel or camp with your dog, you may desire to consider investing in a foldable traveling pen. Not only will it stay your dog safe and safe in unfamiliar places, but it’ll give her/him a cozy, relaxing spot to sleep, too.
With over many reviews, it’s clear that customers love EliteField’s Two-Door Soft Playpen; it makes it simple to keep your pet safe and happy on the road (or on the trails). Obtainable in six sizes and seven color options, you can choose the ideal option to fit your dog’s needs. This pen’s floor mat and top cover are removable and washable for simple clean-up—particularly if your dog happens to get carsick!
Still, if you don’t travel with your pets, this pen can be used indoors at home, too. Since it’s foldable, it won’t take up a ton of storage space—just pop it open when your dog is set for a snooze.
EliteField offers a two-year warranty for all of its flexible pens, so if you run into any issues with the product, contact the producer for a 100 percent refund.
* Have a larger dog? Or a puppy who presently discovered his love for climbing? Ditch your flimsy pen for this heavy-duty choice from BestPet. It’s available in 24”, 32” and 40” choices—and multiple units can be connected—to create the ideal play space for your pooch.
Real-life buyers love this pen for its versatility—you can change up the configuration to create some shapes—durability, sturdiness, and size. One downside, according to reviewers, is that this pen can merely be used indoors. It has to be staked into the ground to be entirely supported and sturdy.
Another heads up: This isn’t the easiest pen to grip-and-go. If you desire to collapse this pen for travel or storage, you’ll have to confiscate all of the pins that join the panels and stack the panels—it isn’t foldable, unluckily.
The RIS USA, Inc.’s effect Panel Pen is ultra-portable, can be used inside the house or in the yard and, when assembled, gives pets with a massive 21-square-foot play (or lounge) space.
Made from super tough, heavy-duty molded plastic, this pen will never rust or degrade in various weather conditions. Plus, it’s obtainable in 10 different color options, so you can decide the best to go with your home’s color palette.
Every panel interlocks with full-length connecting rods and can be configured into different shapes and sizes to best house your pet’s needs. If you require a little extra space for a larger dog—or a smaller dog who just requires a lot of space—you can connect multiple units.
Who should purchase a Dog and Puppy Indoor Playpen Dog
If you own a dog of any age, size, or breed, you’ll probably benefit from a playpen for your pet. While it may seem conspicuous to the design of your home, it is improved than letting your puppy run wild. New dog owners, particularly, should buy a dog and puppy indoor playpen to help with the training procedure. Instilling in your pet that there are a time and place to run free will create all the difference down the line. Plus, confining your new puppy to an indoor playpen indicates fewer accidents around the home and one central hub for all his food, water, toys, and bed.
People who are out of the house often should also invest in a dog or puppy indoor playpen. Whether you are at work all day, or cleanly lead a busy life, it will be reassuring to recognize that your dog isn’t wandering throughout the home and getting into trouble while you are away. They’re huge for traveling: If you’re staying with friends or family and you don’t want your pup to get into serious difficulty in someone else’s home, you can keep him securely contained in a dog or puppy indoor playpen. And if you travel with your dogs frequently, check out our list of the best dog car seats and car booster seats to remain your furry friend secure on the road.
Speaking of getting into trouble… It’s ordinary for dog owners to crate their pets when they are acting out, or merely when owners are too busy to keep a close eye on them. Though just as many dog parents cannot stand the idea of putting their puppy in a crate for extended times of time, so buying a dog and puppy indoor playpen is an ideal solution. Your dog has plenty of room to play, as you have peace of mind knowing you can leave the room.
Important Features to Consider
A dog and puppy indoor playpen should be simple to set up and take down while being tough enough to withstand a little rough-housing or relocating. Here’s what to think when selecting an indoor playpen for your dog or puppy:
* Assembly. If you decide to buy an indoor playpen, you are likely looking to create your life easier—which is why assembling the product should be fast and painless. The best dog playpens should be ready for use within minutes, requiring little to no meeting.
* Portability. Transporting your dog’s playpen from one place to another may not be a vital consideration for you. But, for the dog owners who travel often, portability is a must. Look for best playpens that are easy to store and don’t take up greatly space when torn down. A lightweight playpen with a carrying case or straps is also helpful when hauling it around.
* Weight. The perfect weight for your indoor dog playpen depends on the purpose of the product. If you are looking to hold a high energy dog that is at risk of escaping from the pen, you will desire a playpen that is made of a heavier material, like metal. But, if all you require is a smaller, contained area for your recent puppy to roam, then a lightweight synthetic material like plastic or mesh will do the deception.
* Size. You probably will not find a full-grown German shepherd and a Yorkie puppy in the same type of playpen. For smaller dogs, you have less to worry about since they will fit happily in most indoor playpens. But, for larger breeds, you may require to find a playpen that offers attachable panels to raise the overall size.
* Materials. Indoor dog and puppy playpens are classically made out of plastic, mesh, or metal, each serving dissimilar purposes. For a new puppy or a dog that does not tend to be unhelpful, you can try a plastic playpen. Small, calm-tempered dogs are well suitable for mesh playpens since it is a less sturdy material. Metal playpens are typically the toughest out of the three materials, proposing heavy panels that are made to withstand a dog’s rough-housing.
* Accessories. You may be satisfied with a simple playpen that doesn’t include all the bells and whistles. Though, products with an emphasis on portability classically offer accessories like carrying cases, travel water bowls, and detachable roofs and floors. Having these accessories on hand when you’re moving your indoor dog playpen from one place to another can be a gamechanger.
* Appearance. The way the playpen looks is particularly important for indoor use since it will probably be in a common area of your house that is visible to everybody. Manufacturers keep this in mind when creating the product, offering best buyers playpens in different colors and materials to best balance your interior design.
* Versatility. Can your indoor playpen convert into an outdoor hurdle, a gate outside a bedroom, or a giant exercise pen for your pet? Yet if the product is advertised as an indoor puppy playpen, you might desire to change the configuration or add additional panels to create the pen larger.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are a dog and puppy indoor playpen?
A dog and puppy indoor playpen is an enclosed area, classically made out of plastic or metal panels, where a dog is open to move around and play but still be confined to a restricted area.
What size exercise pen should I get for my dog?
The size of the exercise pen will be firm by the dog’s age, weight, and size. If you have a puppy, search for an indoor playpen that has at least four panels. Try four to six-panel playpens for filled-grown small breeds, six to eight-panel playpens for average-sized dogs, and eight or more panel playpens for large breeds.
How do I remain a dog exercise pen from moving?
An indoor playpen should have rubber stoppers at the base of the panels to keep the playpen from sliding around. If it doesn’t, you can buy some from Amazon.
If you choose to take your dog’s playpen outdoors, it can be staked into the ground with metal stakes.
Can I depart my puppy in a crate or playpen while I’m at work?
Since a puppy, being left alone all day can be upsetting. However, it is a realistic part of being a dog owner for many people, thus there are cautionary measures you can take to make sure your dog is as comfortable and well taken care of as possible as you’re away. Leave plenty of water in the crate or playpen, and layout puppy potty-pads lest you’re pet can’t hold it until you get home. Although it’s not perfect to crate your dog all day, your puppy will get used to it eventually.
As you can see, it’s quite easy to find in this review the best playpen that your dog will love and will suit yours requires as well. They make a great way to permit your dog outdoors without having to worry about them getting into a problem or a good way to confine them indoors as well when you’re away. There’s just no reason not to have one around since there’s something to outfit everyone and “every day”. You can use outdoor dog pens in your home, but for indoor use mesh or plastic indoor dog, pens will be more restful in use variant.