- Best Dog Health Care 2020-Best Zero Waste Products for Dogs
- 1.Earth Rated Dog Poop Bags
- 2.Rocco & Roxie Stain and Odor Eliminator
- 3.Reusable Bamboo Towels
- 4.Purifyou Mesh Bags
- 5.OXO Food Storage Container
- 6.Sacrons Can Covers
- 7.Bone Dry Ceramic Storage Canister
- 8.ChomChom Pet Hair Remover
- 9.Medline Washable Underpads
- 10.Odor Eliminating Charcoal Bags
- 11.Puracy All-Purpose Cleaner
- 12.Earthbath Shampoo
- 13.sWheat Natural Cat Litter
- 14.KONG Naturals Cat Scratcher
- 15.Pet Magasin Dog Diapers
Best Dog Health Care 2020-Best Zero Waste Products for Dogs
By now you’ve heard all about how recycling is broken and how our load is on track to hold more plastic than fish. Consumer waste is a complex issue with a lot of contributing factors, but evermore, many folks are wondering what can be done on an individual level to assist cut down on our culture’s out-of-control trail of trash.
Enter: Zero waste living, the ever-growing trend you’ve probably heard about online, whispered at untreated grocery stores, and hashtag-ed on social media. But what precisely does zero waste living mean? Essentially, it’s a lifestyle that seeks to radically cut back on consumer products, packaging, and single-use items that are finally destined for a landfill.
The EPA estimates that the regular person generates more than 4 pounds of trash a day; for families and households with pets, the numbers are still greater. Poop bags, food scraps, leashes, and toys—swiftly that carbon footprint you’ve been looking at starts looking a bit more like a carbon pawprint…
But never fear! If you’ve been wondering how to decrease and cut back on your consumption habits, we’ve rounded up these zero waste goods that are compostable, reusable, recycled, or recyclable to assist you, your pet, and your family lives as close to a zero-waste life is likely.
Best Dog Health Care 2020
With over 12,000 reviews on Amazon, Earth Rated’s lavender poop bags are an enormous place to start when trying to eliminate waste in your pet’s life. (Yes, the irony is not lost on us that the popularity of the waste that pet owners produce comes from trying to abolish our pets, waste.)
These recycled plastic bags are so tough and trusted, they’re on every floor at Rover HQ (a dog-friendly workplace, natch), so company colleagues and coworkers will never be lacking a bag when it’s time to take the dog for a walk. Flimsy bags of questionable ability are no match for these 100 percent leak-free, additional-thick poop picker-uppers. We’ve tried and tested them again and again and again.
- Subtle lavender scent
- 100 percent leakproof
- spare thick and sturdy
This professional strength stain and odor remover work cavernous down to get at whatever stain your favorite pet has produced from the core on up. Rocco & Roxie use natural enzyme bacteria that feed on the pure matter until they’re totally eliminated, so you don’t have to worry about hazardous or toxic materials coming into your home.
To assist our earth, even more, buy in bulk to pass up multiple plastic spray bottles and just refill that unusual bottle again and again.
- Chlorine-free for gentle, earth- and pet-affable cleaning
- Color safe and won’t lighten or stain your carpet
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction warrant
Whether you’re potty-training a puppy or cleaning up after a keen water drinker—pets are messy. One of the easiest ways to decrease your waste is swapping out paper towels for reusable rags, with these bamboo towels are one of the best zero waste goods for homes with pets.
They’re machine washable, eco-friendly, and heavy-duty sufficient to handle, well, your pet’s doody. They come in rolls, one revolves replacing, on average, about six months of paper towels. The towels are made from a certified pure bamboo source that is stronger and more permeable than a normal paper towel.
- Stronger and further durable than paper towels, reusable up to 120 times
- Hand or machine washable, just fling them in with your next load of towels
- Tree, money, and space-saving choice to regular paper towels
Already making your pet’s food at home? Good for you—you’re considering cutting down on your waste previously. Now up that by using mesh bags to buy and store the fresh foods and dry goods you use to create their meals.
These reusable bags have a lifetime guarantee and are see-through for simple access to the foods you want. The bags can hold up to 11 pounds of food, and the breathable fabric extends the life of the further perishable items.
- Machine washable
- BPA, lead, and mercury-free
- Good for fresh and refrigerated items as well as pantry supplies, and general storage, too
Buying pet food in bulk exponentially decreases the waste that comes through bag after bag after bag of food. Particularly for those with larger animals who eat at lot, that can actually add up. Get yourself a container that can purely store multiple quarts of food at a time. This one is airtight, extremely rated, and a neutral color to go with any kitchen décor. (For more on the best pet food, check out our guide to grain-free dog food, with the best high fiber dog food.)
As a substitute for plastic dog food storage, you could also consider a zero waste product such as this heavy, stainless steel pet food storage can that come in a variety of sizes?
- Available in a diversity of sizes, up to 5.5 quarts
- Airtight to keep your food fresh as long as probable
- Dishwasher safe and simple to store on countertops or in cabinets
Wet food connoisseurs, this one is for you. Apply these lids over canned wet foods or your own jars (further points for even less waste). This three-pack fits most model dog and cat food jars and is also BPA free, dishwasher secure, and made of 100 percent FDA certified food grade silicone.
- Safe to contact food straight, can cover both pet and human cans of food
- The useful, reusable choice to wasteful, single-use plastic wrap
- Covers come in a handy three-pack and are dishwasher protected
Zero waste living doesn’t mean zero approaches with these cute storage containers. When buying bulk food or treats for your pets, need this highly rated canister that comes in multiple sizes and color schemes. A bamboo lid keeps the food dry with fresh, and the ceramic canister is dishwasher protected (but make sure to hand-wash the bamboo lid).
- Silicon rim creates an airtight seal to remain food fresh
- Cute paw print design comes in several colors to match your home’s decor
- Versatile storage for treats, food, poop bags, with more
Does your pet have fur or hair? That’s what we consider. It can’t be helped or changed, but you can eliminate a substantial quantity of waste by throwing the lint roller out, and picking up this simple-to-clean dog and cat hair remover.
Use it on your furniture, your clothing, where you see pet hair. One content reviewer calls the 100 percent reusable contraption “life saving,” particularly because no power source is needed.
- Completely reusable eliminates the require for single-use lint roller sheets
- Easy to clean; simply vacuum up or brush off the composed fur
- No power source needed
Puppy training in an apartment? We get it, puppy pads are vital—but they don’t have to be disposable.
These washable, reusable pet pads are better than single-use, throwaway puppy pads and can withstand several wash and dry cycles, so you can defend your stuff and the environment at the same time.
- Larger than most pads to cover maximum areas
- Reusable, sturdy, and stain resistant
- Machine washable, but not good with fabric softener
We love our pets—but man oh man can they obtain stinkily. Instead of buying that Costco pack of air fresheners, try out these air purifying bags that you can leave in multiple rooms extremely trafficked by your pets. 100 percent activated bamboo charcoal makes these bags a further natural air deodorizer than most options you’ll observe at the grocery store.
- Chemical-free, fragrance-free, and residue-free
- Lasts up to two years, and are biodegradable when you do ultimately throw them away
- Pro Tip: Keep one in the car for following hikes, swims, and dog park outings
This plant-based formula is secure to use around houses filled with kids and animals alike. It’s even certain to clean hard surfaces without streaking. And it’s also obtainable as a concentrate, so if you didn’t want to buy a new spray bottle, you can continue to utilize the one you already have.
Features of note:
- Good for use on all surfaces
- Natural, non-toxic, hypo-allergenic, vegan & biodegradable
- Official cruelty-free
This highly-rated, all-natural pet shampoo has been famous by reviewers and publications for its gentle method that’s great for skin allergies. And though the plastic bottle it comes in doesn’t constitute it as a zero waste product per se, you can battle the waste of the bottle by buying in bulk; Earthbound’s shampoos come in one and two and a half gallon options.
Plus, the ingredients are completely natural, biodegradable, and cruelty-free—with multiple soothing scents akin to lavender, oatmeal, eucalyptus, and peppermint.
- The oatmeal and aloe option works particularly well on irritated skin
- Won’t wash off topical flea applications
- pH balanced
If you own a cat, your carbon pawprint is directly larger than other pet owners because of one dirty, stinking thing: cat litter. Thankfully, there are companies out there who have made it their mission to create the pounds and pounds that we go through as environmentally-friendly as possible.
sWheat is one of them, and their usual wheat litter is free of silica dust, sodium bentonite, otherwise, any kind of chemicals, making it more earth-friendly. The litter absorbs moisture faster since of it, so the clean litter stays fresh longer, and less litter box changes are essential. While the actual litter is 100 percent biodegradable, the plastic packaging is not. Though, some Petco stores nationwide may paper bag options.
- Litter is made from 100 percent wheat that’s farmed (as different to mined) and is much better for the planet
- Eliminates odors, clumps faster and firmer, and requires less scooping
Pet parents could likely use all their money on (and fill an entire landfill with) toys for their dogs and cats alone. But there’s no require to when you have natural goodies like a zero-waste creation such as this cat scratcher, made from renewable resources with reversible pads to last twice as long. One reviewer who purchased it for their cat supposed that even their bunny loves it!
- Encourages appropriate scratching (i.e. not the furniture)
- Recyclable and environmentally welcoming
- Infused with catnip
Whether you’re using diapers for your extremely young pets or very old—there’s no judgment here. Anything works for you and your animal. But similar to pet pads, using diaper after diaper can actually fill those landfills up, and fast. These reusable diapers made particularly for dogs keep your pet clean and dry and actually decrease that carbon pawprint. They even come in multiple cute colors to match your dog’s individuality.
Features of note:
- Easily adjustable
- Waterproof outer layer
- Comes with a tail hole for calm
- Buy Now on Chewy