Best Dog Boots:-There’s no doubt that dogs have tough feet – much tougher than your ours, for sure. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t wise (and occasionally necessary) to give your dog’s paws some protection.
The best way to accomplish this is by outfitting your canine companion with a set of high-quality dog shoes, or booties, as they are often called.
There are a gazillion different booties on the market, but most are not very helpful. They’ll either fail to protect your dog’s feet, come off too easily, or frustrate you in countless other ways.
With that in mind, we’ve identified some of the best choices, which should keep your pup’s paws safer and more comfortable during your outdoor adventures.
- Are Dog Booties Necessary?
- Important Considerations When Shopping for Booties
- Best Dog Booties for Your Pup’s Paws
- 1.Muttluks Fleece-Lined Dog Boots
- 2.Bark Brite Neoprene Dog Boots
- 3.My Busy Dog Water-Resistant Dog Shoes
- 4.Pawz Waterproof Dog Boots
- 5.Canine Equipment Ultimate Trail Boots
- 6.Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots
- 7.Ethical Pets All-Weather Dog Booties
- 8.Ruffwear Grip Trex All-Terrain Boots
- 9.Kurgo Step & Strobe Dog Boots
Are Dog Booties Necessary?
Most dogs walk around barefoot their entire life without sustaining a chief foot injury, so many pet parents wonder just how necessary booties are.
There are several situations when dog booties may be a solid option, including:
The need for rugged outdoor booties depends upon whether your dog is likely to step on a sharp stick, trudge through knee-deep snow or cross a lava-hot concrete parking lot. If your dog frequently encounters these types of challenges, then booties are probably necessary.
Winter warriors are especially in need of dog booties – not just for snow, but to protect paws against ice melt salts that cover sidewalks and roads in the winter.
For Older or Injured Dogs Who Need Traction
Booties provide plenty of value for other dogs too, even those whose rowdiest adventures are limited to walks in well-manicured backyards. For example, boots help a lot of dogs – particularly older or sick individuals — get traction on slippery floors.
Boots may also help protect injured or infected paws. This includes dogs who have cracked or damaged nails, ripped pads, or even yeast infections of the paw.
For Owners Who Want a Clean Home
Booties will also help you keep your floors clean, and prevent your pooch from tracking mud, water, or snow into the house after every trip outside.
You could also use a paw washer to clean off your dog’s paws, but that wouldn’t help much with preventing your pup from slipping and sliding.
For Protecting Your Floor
Some owners also find best dog boots appealing because they can prevent your dog from scratching up surfaces.
While simply opting for dog-proof flooring to avoid claw marks is probably the best long-term solution, booties can be helpful in short-term situations when you want to stop claws from gouging flooring (for example, visiting the in-laws who just had new hardwood put in).
So, as you can see, while not for eternity strictly necessary, booties are helpful for the majority of dog owners!
Important Considerations When Shopping for Booties
To help distinguish good booties from those you’re better off avoiding, you’ll need to consider several different characteristics of the dog boots in question.
Some of the most important considerations include the following:
You don’t want to walk around wearing the wrong size shoes, so don’t make your dog do it either.
Carefully refer to each manufacturer’s fitting instructions or size guidelines when making your selection – some will require you to trace the outline of your dog’s foot and then measure the drawing to ensure a proper fit.
The video below shows how to take your dog’s paw measurements!
Easy to Put On
Getting your dog’s booties on and off of his feet can be a frustrating chore, so it’s always wise to seek out booties that are designed to slip on and slip off easily.
Usually, the best dog booties featuring wide split seams are the easiest ones to get on your pup’s paws.
generally, booties rely on straps to ensure a snug fit – boots that lack straps are usually very trouble-free for dogs to remove on their own (something your dog will likely attempt to do). You’ll want to ensure that the straps are easy to operate and of high-quality.
Some straps feature Velcro closures, while others use buckles or snap-locks; any of these will work, although Velcro closures are usually the best and easiest to manage.
Durable and Comfortable Materials
Many low-cost booties are made from substandard materials, which will fall apart after only a short period of use, so you’ll always want to be sure that you select boots made from materials befitting your dog’s typical activities.
also, it is important to make sure that the boots are comfortable for your dog’s feet, as a result, give special consideration to those boots with super-soft interiors.
Most good booties should be water-resistant sufficient to stay your dog’s feet when walking through wet grass for a minute, but only a small number of boots will keep your dog’s feet dry while playing in a creek or trudging through snow for an hour.
Typically boots with greater water resistance will cost more than those that offer less protection, so you’ll want to decide how important water resistance is before making your selection.
Best Dog Booties for Your Pup’s Paws
Taking the aforementioned criteria into consideration, it is easy to see why the following five booties are the best of the best.
You’ll still want to be sure to select a set that matches your dog’s needs and your specific circumstances to end up with the best booties available, but any of the ones detailed below would work well for most pooches!
About: Muttluks Fleece-Lined Dog Boots are great boots that not only protect your dog’s paws and pads but also help to keep his little tootsies warm, thanks to the luxurious fleece lining.
And to further ensure your dog’s comfort, Muttluks features an adjustable, stretchy leg cuff.
These boots are definitely on the pricey side, but with the variety of color options and several sizes that can even accommodate canines with giant paws, they’re definitely worth your consideration.
- Fleece internal lining which keeps paws temperate and cozy in frosty weather circumstances
- Self-tightening straps provide a secure fit
- Reflective straps for nighttime visibility
- Genuine leather soles for a squashy flexible fit
Sizes: XS through XXL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 1 to 5.25 inches)
- Made with genuine leather soles for maximum comfort
- Muttluks feature self-tightening straps for a secure, trouble-free fit
- Reflective straps provide enhanced visibility when walking in low-light conditions
- Available in black, blue, green, orange, red and pink
About: These Bark Brite Neoprene Dog Boots are made for winter-hungry canines who want to spend as much time outdoors as possible!
The boots are made of flexible neoprene that’s water-resistant, with a rubber anti-slip sole.
The booties also rely on reflective velcro closures which make it pretty easy to take the boots on and off, plus allows for some slight size adjustment depending on your dog’s leg width.
The anti-slip soles use ridged designs to prevent slipping, and the ankle cuffs provide additional warmth and protection for your dog’s ankles!
The neoprene can adapt to your dog’s paw, allowing for a perfect, cozy fit.
Also, while many of the boots on our list are designed only for small dogs, these booties have an XXL size that can fit up to 5? width paws, suitable for even large dogs (just make sure to measure)!
Sizes: Sold in sizes S – XXL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 2.5 inches to 5 inches)
- Light-weight neoprene adjust to your dog’s paw size
- Long ankle height to protect lower legs
- The lined interior makes booties extra cozy
- Anti-slip soles + velcro closures
- Several sizes (suitable for some larger dogs) and four colors: red, blue, black, and orange
- Water-resistant and well-suited for light rain, light snow, and hot asphalt
About: Made with rugged, anti-slip soles, My Busy Dog Water-Resistant Dog Shoes are made to keep your dog’s feet free of injury and provide stable footing across a variety of terrains.
In addition to being extremely durable, they are also quite attractive and marked with colorful and fun accents.
Sizes: Sold in sizes 1 through 8 (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 1.5 to 3.25 inches)
- Made with a wide split seam to make these shoes easy to put on or take off
- Water-resistant materials help keep your pup’s paws dry and clean
- Two reflective Velcro straps on each boot provide a great fit and help make your dog visible during nighttime walks
- Available in black, green, orange and red
About: These Pawz Waterproof Dog Boots are cheap, affordable dog boots that work great for quick outings and potty breaks.
Pawz boots don’t require any straps or velcro to fit – just stretch the flexible rubber bootie around your dog’s paw!
These boots are very thin, which means that while they won’t provide the same kind of heavy-duty protection that other booties offer, your dog may prefer the thin material as it allows your dog to naturally feel the ground. Customers compare them to balloons you put on your dog’s feet (they are made of similar material).
Pawz boots are reusable as well as disposable (they’re made of biodegradable rubber). Each pack includes 12 booties
Sizes: Tiny to XL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from under 1 inch to over 4 inches)
- Thin, lightweight rubber that protects against the elements while feeling natural to your dog
- Rubber molds to your dog’s feet, so there is no need for straps and velcro
- Contains 12 booties in a pack
About: Canine Equipment Ultimate Trail Boots are designed to keep your dog’s paws clean, dry and safe, without compromising your dog’s comfort in the process.
Some of the more effective and good-looking boots on the market, these are a great option for dogs who live to hike, run, and explore.
- Protect you dogs feet from prickly rocks, twig, branches, burning pavement and more
- every terrain boots are made from recycled rubber soles that improve traction and a hose down resistance…
- Front and hind boots are sized in a different way for optimal fit with cinch closure for a secure fit
- Each set contains 4 boots and 1 garment bag for easy machine washing
Sizes: XS through XL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 2 to 3.5 inches)
- Molded, recycled rubber soles provide great traction and help keep your dog’s feet dry
- The booties great-looking blue accents will help your pup stand out from the crowd
- Front and back boots are designed differently to provide the best possible fit
- Comes with a free garment bag, so you can just throw them in the washing machine when necessary
About: Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots are designed to keep your dog’s feet dry and safe, and they are especially helpful for giving dogs better traction on slippery hardwood and tile floors.
Unlike many other booties, Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots are available in a very wide range of sizes, making them appropriate for tiny little toy breeds as well as their gigantic counterparts.
While other dog booties are designed for frolicking in the snow, the Ultra Paws are lightweight and better suited for quick trips around the block in nicer weather or inside use. They won’t do much to protect from the cold.
- Enormous traction for senior dogs or with hip conditions that have trouble with slippery floors.
- Flexible, skid-resistant sole performs in wet and dry, hot and cold conditions.
- Effortless to put on with wide split seam top opening – difficult to slip off.
- Velcro straps for protected closure, with liberal foam to cushion the grip.
Sizes: Petite through XL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 1 to 4 inches)
- Wide split seam ensures that these boots are easy to put on and take off
- Dual foam-padded Velcro straps provide a secure, yet comfortable fit
- Machine washable in cold water (hang dry)
- Available in both black and red
About: The Ethical Pets All-Weather Dog Booties are winter boots designed for dogs, featuring a 100% nylon shell to keep out the cold (and heat).
The inside of these booties contains a soft fleece lining for added canine comfort, plus ridged suede-leather soles to provide anti-slip traction.
The boot’s velcro closures allow you to easily put on and take off your pup’s booties, while the reflective trim means you can walk your pup at night knowing he’ll be easier to see. The stretch cuffs also provide additional coverage for your pup!
Sizes: XXS through XL (which fit dogs with paw widths ranging from 1.5? to 4.75? inches)
- 100% nylon outer shell
- Soft fleece lining on the inside of the boots
- Skid-proof suede-leather soles to prevent sliding
- Reflective accents for better visibility
- Suitable for hot and cold weather protection
About: Ruffwear Grip Trex All-Terrain Boots are premium paw protectors that are made for owners and dogs who demand nothing less than the very best.
Specifically designed for the most challenging conditions and terrain, Ruffwear All-Terrain Boots are ideally suited for dogs and owners.
RUFFWEAR – Grip Trex outside Dog Boots with Rubber Soles for climbing and Running,…
TRAIL-READY BOOTS: guard their paws against whatever the trail throws at you; These boots are perfect…
RUGGED OUTSOLE: Vibram non-marking outsoles with rugged lug intend to give them grip and…
BREATHABLE MESH: Made with tightly woven air mesh that keeps dirt and debris out while staying…
Sizes: Sizes vary from 1.5 to 3.25 inches wide
Breathable mesh construction and gusset-based design ensure your dog’s comfort and provide a secure fit
Vibram non-marking outsoles ensure your dog can get an excellent grip, without compromising comfort
Reflective trim helps motorists see your dog in dim lighting
Available in three fantastic-looking colors: Obsidian Black, Blue Spring, and Red Currant
About: Kurgo Step & Strobe Boots are high-end pup boots for owners who specialize in spoiling their fur babies.
These Kurgo booties are ultra-durable, designed with tough terrain in mind. Its from snow, ice, and salt, to hot asphalt and broken glass. This footwear will protect your four-footer.
These rugged, lightweight canine boots are made of breathable tight weave mesh with rubberized synthetic leather uppers and outsoles.
That’s not all though – these booties also feature 360-degree reflective strips and LED lights in the soles. It is for superior visibility, even when it’s dark outside.
Sizes: XXS – XL (ranging from 2 inches to 3.25 inches in width)
- Breathable tight weave mesh construction with rubberized synthetic leather soles
- Adjustable fastener strap and bungee zip-cord lock mean a snug, comfy fit for your pooch that won’t fall off.
- 360-degree reflective strips and LED lights to promise visibility, even in low-light settings.
All in all, dog boots serve a very useful purpose – to protect your dog’s paws. The above eight dog shoes are all excellent choices and you cannot go wrong with any of them.
Some are better suited for certain needs or dogs, but they all will work fine. And if your dog just refuses to wear shoes, then you can use protective wax.